Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Uffda- it's been a while!

So, a couple weeks ago my laptop was sitting on the couch as it always does and it got knocked off in a fluke accident by a child of mine- something is always breaking around here! Praise God for warranties that I completely did NOT want to buy but got sucked into. I mailed the computer off to Office Max and they replaced the shattered LCD screen for free. I realized how completely addicted I am to the internet when I didn't have it anymore! It is so good to be back online! hehe

What an eventful couple weeks it has been! Main thing is that we were so saddened by the death of Phil's grandpa Leonard- Phil's dad's dad. We went back to ND for the the funeral Sep 4-7. As sad as it was, it was awesome to get to see our families again and fun when the big number of Wanzeks get together. Our kids adore running around great-grandparents' farms. Bethany found a gardener snake and that was big entertainment for an hour or so as they chased it, caught it, passed it around, and chased Mommy with it as I 'ran around screaming like a girl'. They spent the night in a hotel with my parents so it was cool we got to see them again too- 3 times in a month, who would've thought!

We have really been loving life this fall. Activities and school are in full swing. The girls have started riding the bus- big new adventure! Jameson rides it to Head Start too- so I admit, I have become the mom that watches talk shows and eats bon-bons all day. They all get on the bus at 7:30 am, Jameson gets home at 1:00 and the girls home at 4:00. They are all doing absolutely awesome academically----as is their daddy by the way ;)-----and are enjoying school. They are starting to make friends and Emma and Bethany have their first sleep over this Friday night!

Emma and Beth are in dance class, all three girls start Girl Scouts next week, Bethany is in keyboarding, and Jameson is in a little gym class with swimming lessons starting the end of September. We have church/Sunday School on Sundays, I have a Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, and we have Awanas on Wednesday nights.

The support group for med school spouses is called SAA and it is an absolutely awesome group of men and women. We have started having meetings and fun activities--- it is a big reason why we chose to come to KCOM- don't believe UND would have had anything like this. Last week we had a cooking club where we all brought a meal to share---much funner than it sounds! hehe Playgroups, book clubs, chat nights, and Wii nights are all on tap.

Phil is doing really really well academically also. I am so proud of him! He has had some hard work tho, balancing class, studying, family and social events. There is always something to do from golf to softball to group studying to going out to dinner with friends, even the Christian Motorcycle Association he starts tomorrow!

All of this makes me realize how blessed we are to have gotten so connected here to quickly- all of these things make it feel like home here... oops- as I type this Megan is reading over my shoulder and she says "It DOESN'T feel like home to me." She is giggling. I adore her giggles. Oh- other big news- Megan lost her top front tooth and has an adorable big gap. I will post a pic soon. Emma lost a tooth this week too. Poor Tooth Fairy will go broke with all our kids ;)

No comments: