So, last week Phil completed his second quarter of med school. I'll be totally honest- it was rough. On both of us. Christmas break came three weeks or so into the quarter, and it was hard for Phil to ever refocus and get back into the groove. His grades still turned out great, but not what he wanted. Everyone has told us tho that 2nd quarter is such a hard quarter, so I am so proud of him for doing as well as he did. However, it was different for us- we didn't see any friends or do anything socially, even our date nights took a big hit due to studying and lots of extra stuff he had going on. He could never help with the kids or watch them so I wasn't able to go to various events that I wanted to go to either. He never really knew when he would be home so we could never plan meals or kids functions. SO....I am incredibly happy this quarter is over, and we had a great week of spring break just hanging out and doing nothing! It was amazing to actually go to bed at the same time, or have him there for supper.
The kids are awesome. Bethany won the Student of the Month! 40 kids were nominated, so it is so cool she got it- she gets her picture on the wall at Ponderosa and a bunch of little bracelets, pencils, cups, etc as gifts. She also was in the spelling bee...almost 50 kids in it, grades 3-5 and she made it to the last round! In the 6th round she lost on the word 'rhubarb' but she was in the top 8 kids left...we were totally proud of her!
Emma is fantastic and loving math- she does so well in it. Megan is in girl scouts and sold 289 boxes of cookies...or well, me and Phil did anyway ;) Thanks to all of you who supported her in this! Jameson is wilder and crazier than ever, but makes me laugh nonstop.
The kids and I went back to ND for their spring break while Phil had finals..the huge blizzard there was a big downer since I couldn't see all the friends I wanted to when I was home.....and from now on, all you ND friends can come on DOWN HERE for visits, got it? Seriously, spring break and 15 inches of snow, -15*....not for me anymore. But we had a blast seeing family, and kids just love when we are able to get back for visits.
1 comment:
I am so lovin the fact that you're blogging again!!!! I've missed reading what's new. I mean there IS facebook and all but sometimes I miss a day or so and I miss a lot! Hugs.
Post a Comment