Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm 30!

When I turned 25, I had a bit of a hard time. I was a mommy for 4 little babes and had graduated from college....but didn't know where life was headed or have a plan for the future- and I thought since I was a whole quarter-of-a-century old that I should have more of a grasp on life.

5 years later- I've opened a business, sold a business, have stocks and a retirement portfolio, have had a husband in Afghanistan, have watched my children become amazing older children, sold a house, moved to Missouri, supported and screamed at my husband in medical school, and am now staying home and pondering where my life is headed.

Funny.

I am really in love with life. God has blessed us abudantly. We have amazing family and friends, now all over the midwest. We've traveled. Have beautiful brilliant children. Have awesome supportive families. I've been working out and actually enjoying it. I have now been elected to be the Student Advocate Association's President this year and am so incredibly honored to play a role in this group. I volunteer in my kids classes.

My friend Lacey said tonight that 30 is 20 with a bank account. It made me laugh. I've seen my 'idols' when I was a kid like Madonna and Michael Jackson become... well, wierd...and I've seen my crush Kirk Cameron become a Christian whom I admire. Im watching Prince perform on tv right now and I'm loving it- even though I HATED it when my mom had him on the stereo years ago. I enjoy the little things like Wii nights and barbequeing with friends. Or riding bike with the kids.

I have learned that when priorities are in order- God, family, friends....then everything falls into place.

I am happy to be 30. No regrets. And can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: