The skies were ugly and we were hearing of bad weather on tv. They started saying there was a tornado spotted around us, then it was in Novinger which is 6 miles away. Headed straight for Kirksville. The kids were very scared so we went to the
3rd lower level of our house with blankets and favorite stuffed animals. Phil was at school and I could not get ahold of him. Praise God he walked in suddenly...and made fun of us for being worried. He went outside and looked around, then came in and told me to make dinner ;) As I started cooking chicken, the power went out. I went back down with them then, and Phil again went outside. Since he takes weather VERY lightly, I will never forget my fear when he came RUNNING in the house screaming "GET DOWNSTAIRS NOW" and we all took off, screaming for the dogs to follow us. We huddled together on our knees, praying like crazy. Phil was awesome with the kids, asking all about their highs and lows of the day, while I was texting a few people to please pray for us that minute. We could hear wierd noises like water rushing and metal clanking, unsure of what they were. However, our basement is VERY safe and cozy down there. After ten minutes or so it seemed to get brighter through the windows, so I went up to check things out. I came out the front door and everything was fine, totally no wind, sun was out. I went around to the back and saw neighbors all out. Our back neighbors, The Owens's, had some shingles off and I heard them saying "There really was a tornado" and Bethany followed me out, so I sent her in to get the others. We walked to another house, and from there we could see... unbelievable devastation across another block. A house was missing a roof! I was shocked! Phil and John took off running over there to see if anyone was hurt. Treena and I and my kids hunt a bit around, and tried to make phone calls with no service, which I thought was odd. I got through to my brother and let him know we were okay. That is when the sirens and ambulances, fire trucks, all started sounding like crazy to our north side of town. We all questioned what was going on and walked a bit more. Everything was dirty, shingles off roofs, lots of junk and garbage. Phil came back and said We ain't seen nothing yet.
The following pictures are what we encountered:




No comments:
Post a Comment