- well baby checkups for newborn twins
- an 80+ yr old man with Alzheimers or something who told the same stories over and over
- Depression and other mental disorders---his doc even said "you will see more psych cases on family medicine than you will on your psych rotation"
- a person who lives with HNPP- hereditary blah blah something something- basically a very very rare disease with the nerves that little is known about
- Removed skin tags, frozen warts off
- He did his 1st Sutures on someone who speaks English! =) And this week he'll get to remove them too!
- an elderly woman who immediately asked him if he was a Christian
- a person newly-diagnosed with Burketts Lymphoma, so he's been researching that disease and may do a case presentation on it
- an extremely overweight woman who came in for her papsmear and hadn't showered in probably a week
- Lots and lots of physicals, earaches and papsmears =)
So, public service message of the day: Please, all my female friends, in consideration of any doctor, medical student, PA, nurse, anyone else who may be forced to spend some time in your down under, do them a favor and shower that morning =)
3 comments:
Judd has had some of those same experiences with his preceptorship. I think two of his most interesting was a 12 yr old boy whose mother was schizophrenic, he had it and was expelled from school for bringing a gun. Second was a polio victim who was a single parent to two children and couldn't afford surgery. It makes me excited for him to do rotations. He has loved seeing what rotations will be like. Glad I stalk your blog!!
That is SO funny...Phil I hope this is all worth it ;) Just kidding I know u will be an amazing DR!!! Miss u all SO much
I can't believe how different it sounds from Calvin's FM rotation. He's been on a lot of house calls and at nursing homes. Lots of Diabetes. He said he's seen a lot of people that have been shot at one time or another. He hasn't said anything about paps...hmm...now I'm curious. Sick!
I remember going to the OMM Clinic and apoligizing to the resident because my feet were a little sweaty from my boots.(He had to touch my feet) He laughed and said that's nothing! He said he'd seen and smelled things that make a visit with me pleasant.
Post a Comment