Monday, July 12, 2010

So You Think I Can Cook?



I hate cooking. Baking...hmmm.... a little better....but I just am horrible at anything in the kitchen. And I don't know how to sew. And of course hate cleaning. It's actually really hilarious that I am a stay at home mom, since I don't know how to do anything that a typical stay at home mama does. I wish now that I had listened to my mom when she wanted to teach me things. Better ship my kids off to grandmas house every now and then so they can become better adults than I! ;0)

But wwww.thepioneerwoman.com has changed hopes and dreams for actually cooking a decent meal for my family. I made the first recipe from her yesterday for dessert after a lunch of nice and easy cornbread and turkey bacon. And now...I have become the person who takes pictures of her food and posts it on her blog. I never thought this day would ever come!

Blueberries and Blackberries with Sweet Cream

6 comments:

Denise said...

Oh how I love The Pioneer Woman... Good Job!! I haven't cooked (anything. at all.) in about 3 weeks... Wonder how long I can keep the strek going?!?!

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

ha! I had way to much fun not cooking....then gaining 8 pounds since we moved kicked me out of the eating out habit! =(

Leslie said...

I agree, Pioneer woman has some awesome things.. Have you checked out crockpot365.blogspot.com.. she is a slowcooking woman and I KNOW you can do that!

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

oooooooo I LOVE my crockpot!!!!! =) Thanks!

Tiffany said...

Hey Mandy! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I forgot you had a set of twins in the mix!

KLow said...

Pioneer Woman is way cool! And, Mandy, you can cook!!! I know cause I have been in your house when wonderful smells are wafting through and tempting me to find an excuse for hanging out a little longer. Love photos of food, by the way. Makes your posts look so yummy.