So, Emma is amazing. Her and Bethany both started swimming in Grand Forks. They went through lessons there and started in a pre-team club. But, when we moved to Kirksville, Emma suffered from lots and lots of ear infections and wasn't thrilled about the swim team there or the coaches in general, so we quit after a month. When we moved to Wichita, it was the first thing she asked to get back into, and I was SO happy about that. Emma is a rockstar swimmer.
Today was her first Swim Team Meet. There were somewhere around 10 kids per heat, and 7 or 8 heats per event. So, she was up against something like 70 11-12 year olds. She did 3 events today- 100 meter freestyle, 50 meter breast stroke and 50 meter back stroke. She took 1st in her heat in one and 2nd in her heat in the other 2, and shaved 13-17 seconds off of her pre-team times for each event.
She swims 3 nights a week and works so hard. I am SO proud of her. Love you Emmy!
2 comments:
that is so cool! swimming is so hard for me...so i am very impressed at people who have that talent. go swim meet momma:)
That is awesome. Her video makes her look like a very strong swimmer! I wish I knew how to swim like that.
You're such a good, supportive mom.
Post a Comment