Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreaming

What else is a poor lonely medical student spouse to do when she has a snow day the next day and can stay up all night after the before-mentioned medical student has fallen asleep on the couch right in the middle of her telling him a story about her day because he has worked so hard and and been Super Hero Med Student all day? Why, search the internet for her dream house of course, and think that some day all this hard work will be worth it financially to provide a cozy beautiful place for maid to clean and our family to enjoy!

OR





Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... what if! LOL

6 comments:

Christina Dalton said...

OMG. When can I move in? It looks cozy enough for me too. Can you imagine us sipping some sweet ice tea on the front porch while the kids run around the yard chasing the new litter of puppies?
I don't know if we'll ever have that kind of money but I will sacrifice a big house for a maid.

Victoria said...

haha! I do that sometimes when I can't sleep. It's so fun! You have to come visit and see those houses in person!

Julie said...

Hi Mandy! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Although it doesn't really seem like it, but there is an end to being a medical student! I also browse the internet for houses too. :)
Your question about MD and DO residencies...there are some differences between the programs. One difference is that DO seem to me a little more family friendly in regards to call. For neurology, you eventually will be able to take a lot of calls from home unless it is a stroke. And, it seems like the DO programs will let him take more call from our house earlier on in the program. The second main one is more specific to our situation. Joel wants to practice as a DO in Michigan and to do that he needs a program that is accepted by the AOA. Not all MD programs have that so he would have to fill out paper work to get an exception.

Well, that was a long comment. :) Thanks for reading my blog and praying for us during this exciting time of waiting. 4th year is just around the corner for your husband!! I hope he is enjoying his rotations.

jayne said...

hahahaha! If you find a doctor job that makes enough money to buy that house AND pay off student loans-----sign my husband up!

J and K said...

I think you have made some excellent choices in homes, and in hiring a maid to clean it all! :) Sorry he fell asleep on you. I can totally relate. They use so much energy pumping all that knowledge in their brains!! Just take comfort in the fact that it does get better in residency... or at least it did for us! In the mean time... I'm glad you found something fun to dream about.

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Uh, yeah, obviously a bit sarcastic about the dream home.... I sincerely doubt any doctor could ever afford these looks... I'd LOVE to know who really owns this stuff? lol... but a girl can dream =)