A brand new church opened in Kirksville last weekend called The Crossing. It is the fourth church here we have tried....we have really enjoyed the others we have tried, but I liked one, Phil liked another, the kids liked another...and none of them truly felt like a 'home'. So we thought it would be fun to check out a church on their opening day- how often do you get to do that? It is a non-denominational church...and we, all six of us, absolutely adored it. We are sooo happy to finally feel like this is were we belong.
So, we went this morning and a song we sing is about how God has plans for this city...led to me and the kids having a little discussion about how at Christmas time last year, we had no idea we would ever be living in any other place, especially Missouri! And wow, how things change in a year! I said we have to trust God has a plan for our lives and we are meant to be here for a reason- that he has something big planned for us in this town! And Emma replied "I think sometimes God's plan sucks."
So I burst out laughing. But then it made me a little sad that she would think that way. These are decisions that we as parents make that we say are in the best interests of our family and we go where we feel God has called us to. Yet, they have no control over this thing that had such a huge impact on their lives. I have to admire kids' bluntness and honesty! And really, how often do we want to say to God, okay, God, this sucks...lol
We are working hard to make the kids feel like their input matters for our next move, which will be after Phil is done with his second year of med school. There is a huge variety of places like Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan,Ohio, many sites in Missouri, St Cloud MN, Arizona, Colorado... and we may be jumping the gun a bit! but I have showed them online the sites about the cities we are interested in, the schools, pictures of houses, etc to help ease them into the next phase of our life! Of course Bethany is dead set that we are going to St Cloud...lol...we'll see where the Lord puts us next ;)
2 comments:
I love the honesty of a child. I have to agree that sometimes God's plans do suck. At least that's how I feel at times. But I keep telling myself that He knows the big picture and I'm right where I need to be. Miss you.
Out of the mouths of babes. I think she hit the nail on the head with this one. I wish I could see the future sometimes so I could understand what the Lord sees that I don't!
Post a Comment