Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 5


A Picture of a Favorite Memory

Ten Years.
For ten years that I knew him I knew my husband wanted to be a doctor.
But, people who get married and have four kids don't go to medical school.
Or so we thought.

But his dream never went away.
The day we got the acceptance letter from UND and knew he would go to med school is my favorite memory. We screamed and cried and called his mom. Ha.
But didn't take a picture =)
Then we fell in love with KCOM.
The rest is history.

This picture from the White Coat Ceremony hung in the hall of KCOM for a year.
It's my favorite picture to represent this journey.

5 comments:

Christina Dalton said...

I might cry! Isn't it great to watch your dreams come true!
They seemed so young back then. (Not that long ago, I know)
That picture is so wonderful. You can see how proud they are of daddy and it looks like they are pulling strength from each other. It's so perfect!

lauramarie said...

wait what? where was that one hanging? i'm pretty sure i walked those halls a thousand times! ok, ok, i know i am clueless but seriously! totally cute!

Unknown said...

what a perfect memory. and a perfect picture to boot!

Jen,Judd, and Brenton said...

Oh that picture is awesome! I agree with Ashley, what a perfect memory!

Tif Sweeney said...

I love, love, love this picture!!!!