Thursday, April 7, 2011

Progress!

"This is a letter to confirm your clerkship at Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education in Urology".

Holy crap. We are so happy. First, to finally have SOMETHING scheduled in 4th year, since there is nothing else scheduled yet after May! Second, it's Mayo. OMG. We dream of spending residency in a town the size of Rochester and being back in MN closer to family. And, it's Mayo. The chance to spend one month there and learn from the best of the best teaching physicians and see if he could be a potential match to their program and if they could be a potential program that could fit what he is looking for... we're pumped.

And, it's my birthday tomorrow.

And, Emma has her first boyfriend. Jesse. I'm trying to be a supportive mom and act like this is no big deal. But again, holy crap. Like I don't feel old already when a birthday rolls around. Now my eldest daughter has a boyfriend.

Of course it's 5th grade. So we'll see if they are still going out tomorrow.

5 comments:

Abbie said...

congrats on the rotation at mayo! how exciting :) rochester IS a great town. we can't wait to be back in MN too! hope you are doing well and have an awesome birthday tomorrow!

Victoria said...

A BOYFRIEND? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Christina Dalton said...

My stomach did flips when I read this! I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Phil he's a SUPERSTAR!

MJ @ MD School Mrs said...

Mayo! Oh my goodness - congratulations! (I'm not one to wish time away, but I'm so looking forward to getting letters like this!!)

PC-Stevens Family said...

I am SOOO pumped for you guys!!! I know we don't have match day for another year, but I am walking around already with knots in my stomach about the whole thing! I think being a DO makes it harder. We are trying to figure out if we should or shouldn't do the DO match or chance it on an MD one!! AHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!!!! The turmoil...the agony...I cannot wait until it is all over and I can breath again!!!!! Good thing I have such sweet little distractions around me to keep me sane!