Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pre Teen News

Boyfriend was dumped today. Emma told him "I just don't deserve you and some other girl will appreciate you more."

Which would make me feel happy to have my little girl back. Except tomorrow they are viewing the "Girly Movie" about topics that preteen girls need to know about. They've been dreading this for two weeks. I swear it was just last year that I was in 7th grade and embarrassed to watch it. And now here my daughters are.

Got our cell phone bill for the first 2 weeks of service since the twins got a phone. In those 2 weeks, Phil had 150 texts. I had 450. The twins.... 1729 texts. Seriously. Kinda yelled at big time for that. Thankful for unlimited texting... but still.

And today I had one of the teenage boys in my classroom at work tell me he was going to 'crush my bones' and screamed it so loud everyone in the commons could hear it, and even people down the hall. He was suspended for today and tomorrow. And one kid sprayed another kid in the face with Febreze. And Bethany came to visit me at work for an hour and one of my HIGH SCHOOL students asked her if she had a boyfriend. B said no and he said "Well, then, today is your lucky day!" hahahaha.... ah, working with kids in special ed is a daily rollercoaster ride.

5 comments:

Christina Dalton said...

I feel tired just thinking about my kids as teenagers. Thanks for that. Now tomorrow is going to seem like a piece of cake.
Love and miss you girl!

lauramarie said...

ahhh! crazy high school kids. glad you have unlimited texts:) can you imagine that bill otherwise? eek! miss you!

Victoria said...

wow. I'm excited to hear how they liked "the movie." But really, that's such an awesome thing for Emma to tell him, at any age let alone her age.

When I started med school, I went from serious 15 texts a month to 1800 a monthb/c of 3 people and trying to stay awake in class!

cassieplienis said...

you crack me up daily....oh my gosh. I love you. And the texts, that is nuts! :) However funny! :) I should clarify, funny for you, but not for me in 13 years! :)

Jenny said...

Mandy!!! I found your blog! And yes, I remember "the talk" movies too. Yikes! hope everything is going well for you and the family! We miss you in Kirksville!