The Lows:
***I've made two friends since I moved to Wichita that I actually do things with. A month ago, one of those friends went to jail. Probably for a long time. Totally long, draining story not appropriate for a public blog, but bottom line is I miss her. Many hours in court, many hours cleaning their house, doing their laundry at a laundromat...And I am taking her daughter to school, picking up all her kids from school, keeping them for many many hours most nights (tonight it is 11:18 and they are still here), taking them to laser tag and parks and eating out, etc. Great kids, but I kinda want to be our own family for a night. And now I am down to one friend. That sucks.
***Casey was kicked off American Idol. Stupid America.
***Our landlords evicted us. And talked bad about us to our neighbors. But I guess are now letting us stay. Drama-filled situation with many swear-words said in my head and outside where the kids can't hear me.
***Phil is on Nephrology. He's learning a ton and enjoying it overall, but it's around 6 am to 6-8 ish pm AND he is studying for Step 2 Board exams mid-May. I miss him.
***He hasn't heard from ANY more rotations. He doesn't even have anything scheduled for June yet. This is a HUGE source of stress for me. The deal seems to be that these residency programs have agreements with affiliated schools, and their students get first dibs. So visiting students aren't getting decisions until June. Makes planning difficult. I cry about it. Do I wish we'd gone somewhere with a Urology Residency Program? YES. Damn me and my selfishness about not wanting to move to Detroit.
Ok, there came the swearing. Yep, probably shouldn't be blogging. =)
The highs:
***Me and the twins got feathers in our hair. Makes us the cool girls to fit in with the Steven Tyler trend.
Um. That's about it.
10 comments:
It's not fun when things don't go your way. Try on focus on the every day things that happen that are cool and happy like:
Moving your laundry from the washer to the dryer without dropping anything.
Having all the socks match up.
The smell of cut grass.
Remembering what sitting at the kids table was like. (Fun times at holidays!)
Old playgrounds that gave you first-degree burns, splinters, smelled like baked on pee, and looked the the neighbors gathered up old wood, rope, chains, and tires and nailed everything together.
Having a cashier open up a new checkout lane and you get to go first.
Finding out the thing you were going to buy is on sale.
Successfully sneaking candy into the theater.
Not remembering how the movie ends that you're going to watch again.
Even though they're not grand or big kind of happiness I hope these and other things will keep you happy. Go read The Book of Awesome. I laughed through the whole thing. Love you lots.
Huge hugs to you, Mandy!!!
One friend is a lot better than no friends. One is all you really need :) I am thinking of you guys and praying you get your rotations worked out SUPER SOON!
Also, I *loved* Christina's post! Those are all such wonderful small things to remember, except for the old playground part. That is one that I'm glad is a thing of the past! hahaha!! MISS YOU GUYS!
Oh, Mandy! It's so good to rant every once in awhile. It's good to know that people like you have hard days, too. I'm not going to lie, it sounds like life stinks right now.
Sorry I made Wichita sound heavenly. Sorry you are being a mom to two families (you are amazing for even thinking about taking that on, let alone doing it). Sorry rotations are a major headache...that sounds very stressful. Sorry you miss Phil.
Like you said, in a year from now you'll get to laugh at this. In the meantime, I'm thinking about and praying for you.
Love ya and thinking about you!!! Prayers coming your way!!!!
call me!
Oh you. You should have called me and vented sooner...and about all of it, not just what you did vent about. Love you and will talk to you soon!
You are so amazing!I can't imagine how much those kids need some stability and you are giving them that. You have more than one friend, you have so many. Us 7 that commented on this post are only the beginning. I want you to know that you aren't alone being stressed about the rotations. I've decided that I've done all I can and don't have any control over the situation. I feel much better letting it just be. Things will work out how they are supposed to. AND yep, Jacob for sure should have gone home before Casey;)
Oh, friend! Sad! I will be praying for you! (and let me know if you want to visit Ohio!)
I love you all.
Mandy, I think you are amazing! I know it is tough for you right now, but wow, even during these tough times, you continue to be such a positive influence on other lives. Keep your chin up. This too shall pass! And, you will be telling me to keep my chin up at that time!! :)
Post a Comment